Sunday, February 05, 2006

Super Bowl Pick

Seattle (+4.5) over Pittsburgh


Pittsburgh has proved to be my bete noire this post-season with my only two missed calls both being on games in which I picked them to lose. I have decided to go down swinging, picking against them one final time. Why?
  • I've already clinched a winning record for the post-season. So, I might as well bet on the long odds and go down swinging. At least, I'd be consistent.
  • Seattle is underestimated because of the fact that they've only beaten mediocre teams so far. If Seattle goes ahead early, the Steelers will be in deep trouble.
  • Troy Polamalu is only listed as "probable".
  • Even the Patriots didn't win the Super Bowl by big margins. 4.5 points is a large spread.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess we all knew it was going to be a game between very close teams. The deciding factor in close games, I thought, was random sh** like fumbles. I forgot the other "random" thing - referees decisions. After all, this is the National Flagball League. Storylines rule. And games should not be complete blowouts. The referees have been pretty good at that in the last 4-5 Superbowls.

That said, Seattle's receivers deserved to lose - I felt Hasselbeck didn't, except maybe during his pathetic two-minute drills. Hines Ward deserved to win - Polamalu didn't.

--Sooth

2/05/2006 8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To quote Nelson:


HA ha!

2/05/2006 9:05 PM  
Anonymous Mor said...

Sorry, that anonymous was me...

Let me say it again:

HA ha!

2/05/2006 9:07 PM  
Blogger Prasanna said...

So I have now struck out, going 0-3 with the Steelers. The official line here was that Seattle was robbed by the refs.

And what's with John Madden urging Seattle to go for the field goal with 1 minute to go when they needed a touchdown to cover! Imagine the havoc that would have wreaked in Vegas.

2/05/2006 9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home