Sunday, January 22, 2006

Football: Quick Picks

Denver (-3.5) over Pittsburgh:

I just don't see Pittsburgh -- which holds the dubious distinction of being the only team to lose a playoff game at home to New England in the Tom Brady era -- putting together three consecutive good games. They managed to beat Indy despite their best efforts to choke it away; I think they will succeed in choking this time around. Denver's offense also ought to be much better than Indy's proved to be last week.

Seattle (-3.5) over Carolina:

Why?
(1) Bill Simmons picks Carolina.
(2) DeShaun Foster is out. When means that Jake Delhomme is going to throw Carolina out of the game.
(3) Seattle is a strong home team.
(4) Carolina can't win three in a row.

Last Week's Picks: I went 3-1 thanks to Indy's screw-up (which I'd like to think was because of the rust that I had predicted parenthetically in my evaluation of the game).

1 Comments:

Blogger NamelessNerd said...

Oops Plummer did it again..Sorry to see your well read picks getting fritted away. I guess in sport more than analysis heart counts and pittusburgh seems to have a real steely one...

2/01/2006 9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home